*Joe factory worker
Welcome to a very special contest hosted by the Mega Man and Sonic sprite showcase. This week we'll test your spriting skills by making a full sprite sheet of a custom Sniper Joe.
Here's a description of the Sniper Joe, from the Mega Man Knowledge Base
"Sniper Joe was originally an unknown type of mass-produced humanoid robots created by Dr. Light based on Proto Man. Dr. Wily modified the robots for combat, creating the Sniper Joe series, which resemble Proto Man in his Break Man form. They appear as enemies in almost every game from the original Mega Man series, giving Mega Man a difficult time getting through as an obstacle. They mainly fight with a shield and a blaster, but some variations also operate vehicles and have different attacks."
1. You must create and design a "Sniper Joe" robot type.
2. This robot must be different from any other kind of Joe robot. The idea is to give that robot an unique ability or advantage. Take for example some of the official types of Joes
+ Apache Joe can ride a helicopter to attack from above.
+ Hammer Joe posseses strong and durable armor.
+ Skull Joe can reassemble himself after getting hit.
3. The sprite style must be in Classic Mega Man 8-bit.
4. You have one week to design a Sniper Joe and make an entire sprite sheet showing its abilities and skills and how they could be effective against Mega Man.
5. Anybody, from Authors to people outside the showcase can participate.
Aside from explaining what can the Joe Robot do, the scoring system consist of these:
The first 3 are worth 100 points, Misc is worth 50.
Style: You know what 8-bit is. right?
Shape: No round edges? Blocky limbs? no thanks
Color: No eye-bleed please
Misc: Add something cool, k?
This contest is one week long. Starting Monday 22th and ending Sunday 28th at 11:00 PM (A comic will be posted to inform people)
*People outside the Showcase:
Send in your sprites to me by PM.
Upload your contest entries in the new "Contest Submission" section.
Let me remind you that this contest main purpose is to find whose authors are inactive and not submitting anything new to the showcase. Those people will be kicked out WITHOUT a notification, so I really, really encourage the Authors to participate.
That'd be everything for today, Good week to everyone.